A genius “hack” that’s a Stasher Squad favorite is writing and drawing on Stasher bags. With just a marker and your imagination, this comes in handy for:
- Easily identifying contents. Label items in your freezer, fridge, pantry, bag, backpack, etc.
- Bulk shopping. Label bags with tare weight and bin number for easy reference at checkout.
- Loss prevention. Assure your Stasher bags come home from school, work, and other on-the-go activities.
- Love notes. Write fun or important messages.
- Gifting. Label and embellish gifts wrapped in a Stasher bag.
- Crafts. Embellishing bags is a fun activity for kids (and kids-at-heart).
It’s so simple and fun — scroll below for our favorite tools and tips!
How to Write on a Stasher Bag or Bowl
Tools. We recommend non-toxic chalk markers for the best semi-permanent results.
For a more permanent option, try Sharpie markers. According to their website, Sharpies are AP-certified non-toxic, but they don’t recommend using them on anything that comes in contact with food or the mouth. They’re also difficult to remove if you change your mind (see cleaning tips below).
Get creative! Draw freehand designs and fancy lettering, or use a stencil. Try these options that are free to download and print at home:
Earth-Friendly Tip🌎 When printing or creating stencils, find a piece of paper that’s no longer needed and use the back side.
Cleaning tips. Chalk and dry erase markers wash off easily in the dishwasher, or with a hand wash using soap and water.
To remove writing or drawing created with a Sharpie, soak a cotton pad or soft cloth in acetone, or nail polish remover that contains acetone. Let it sit on top of the marking for 5-10 minutes, then rub with a soft dry cloth. Be sure to clean the acetone off the bag before reusing it, and avoid using anything sharp or abrasive that might damage your Stasher bag. Acetone should remove most of the marker, but might leave a “ghost” of the original marking. If that happens, try leaving your bag in the sun (aka nature’s non-toxic bleach) until it fades.
Have fun! We love seeing your creations — please tag @stasherbag on social media to share.