If Halloween is your middle name, and spooky sweets are your game, then trick-or-#treatyoself to this addicting mix! Whether you’re throwing a monster-sized bash or a party for one, this snack is so easy to make it’s scary. Grab a Sasher bag and let's shake it up!
This yummy muddy buddies recipe is loaded with the good stuff: chocolate, Nutella, a variety of candy corn, little candy eyeballs, and our all-time favorite protein bar: Square Organics Chocolate Coated Cookie Dough.
Halloween Muddy Buddies Mix Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need (double these if you’re serving a crowd!):
- 4 cups of Chex cereal— choose rice, corn or both!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¼ - ½ cup butter— softened, not melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar — use more or less depending on the coating you like
- 3 Square Organics Chocolate Coated Cookie Dough Bars— cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 cups candy corn
- ¼ cup candy eyeballs
- Add chocolate chips, butter and vanilla to a small pot and heat on low until the chocolate chips melt, stirring frequently.
- Add the Nutella and stir well to combine. This mixture should be pretty loose, like a sauce. If it’s sticky or dough-like, add more butter.
- Put your Chex cereal in a large bowl and then pour the warm chocolate mixture over it. Gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Grab a Half Gallon Stasher bag or Stand-Up Stasher bag and pour in half of your powdered sugar and half of your chocolate-covered cereal.
- Seal the Stasher, trapping us much air inside the bag as possible. Shake vigorously until the sugar has evenly coated the cereal.
- Pour it into a clean bowl and repeat with the second half of your sugar and cereal.
- Once all of your cereal is sugar-coated, mix in your protein bar pieces, candy corn and candy eyeballs. Enjoy!
Give your Stasher bag a quick wash (by hand or in the dishwasher) and stash what’s left of this can’t-stop-won’t-stop snack for safe keeping. It stays crunchy for up to a week, but let's be honest — it won't stick around that long.