Anyone else excited that it's currently citrus season? I know I am! I've recently been learning more about chakras and why it's important to make sure they're unblocked. The sacral chakra, in particular, is responsible for feminine energy and reproductive organs. So how do you know if your sacral chakra is blocked and how do you unblock it? You may have a lack of motivation, creativity, and reduced libido if your sacral chakra is blocked. To help open it, it's important to bring in warmth, orange foods, and honor your reproductive organs. This citrus maca chai smoothie was created specifically for it!
Did you know that BPA and other plastic chemicals are endocrine disruptors and can have the power to cause reproductive problems? So when it comes to storing food for smoothies and everything else, I love replacing typical plastic storage bags with reusable, plastic-free silicone ones from stasher. Add the hormone-regulating power of maca and this just may be your new favorite smoothie for your monthly cycle.
Adaptogenic Citrus Maca Chai Smoothie
- 1 tsp. Gaia Herbs MacaBoost Vanilla Chai (or 1 tsp. of maca, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, cardamom, ginger)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen coconut meat
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 peeled orange
- 1 Tbsp. toasted flax seed
- Prep ingredients by dicing fresh bananas and coconut meat. Add them to a reusable Stasher bag and freezing overnight.
- In the morning add everything to a high-speed blender for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Serve with extra cinnamon on top for an added kick.