Stasher is now officially a California certified green business!
The bay area green business program verifies that businesses meet high standards of environmental performance. As a certified green business, stasher complies with environmental regulations and takes additional actions to conserve resources, prevent pollution, minimize waste, and reduce our carbon footprint.
This means that not only is our product eco-friendly, but that our entire business is as well. In order to become a California certified green business, stasher had to meet 57 requirements throughout 6 categories, including waste, water, energy and pollution.
Some of the required measured for becoming a California certified green business are:
- Adopt a green purchasing policy.
- Establish a ‘green team’ to help guide efforts to green our business.
- Purchase paper towels with 35% post-consumer waste.
- Purchase copier/printer paper with at least 30% post consumer waste.
- Recycle all paper, glass, metal, cardboard and plastics accepted in your area.
- Eliminate individual bottles of water for employees and guests.
- Install low-flow aerators in faucets and showerheads according to water district specifications to aid in water conservation.
- Use no products with added antibacterial agents, such as triclosan. this includes products used for hand washing, dishwashing and cleaning.
Aside from the millions of pounds of plastic that go into landfills each year, stasher founder and mother of three, kat nouri, was concerned about the effects of petroleum-based plastics on her family.
“I felt that I had to be more proactive helping make the world a better place for my kids,” she said. “I want my children and their children’s children to be able to live healthy and happy lives, in a healthy environment.”
Stasher is engineered to get people to rethink the plastic in their lives. Made out of pure platinum silicone, and free of pvc, latex, fillers and byproducts, stasher is safe for people and the planet.
Stasher can be reused 3,000+ times and offers all of the ease and convenience of plastic bags, but without any of the negative consequences. Only stasher can safely go from the freezer, to the microwave, and to the dishwasher.
After about 3000 uses, It may be time to retire your favorite bag—but don’t throw it away! even in retirement, stasher plays on. Simply return your used bag to us, and we will repurpose it for playground pebbles designed to give little ones a soft, safe landing.
You can learn more about what it means to be a California green business and find other green business in the area here.