A great way to stay hydrated, healthy, and make you feel like you're on a warm beach somewhere? This cool tropical fruit smoothie with a twist! We're adding greens and sun butters to this recipe to give it even more good health-promoting nutrients, along with healthy fats to keep you full.
First, let's talk about fruit: this smoothie is packed with mangoes, pineapple, and bananas, all which have been shown to help boost immunity through their antioxidant power and help aid digestion. So if you've been on a junk food bender lately, or your tum just feels a little out of order, this smoothie is a great option.
If you've never used sun butter before, here's the good news: sunflower seeds are packed with antioxidants and magnesium, and may promote healthy cholesterol levels, so it's a great alternative for those who need to stay away from nuts.
We're also tossing kale and spinach into the mix to really amp up the nutrient-dense, health-boosting power.
Pro tip: prep your smoothie packs ahead of time so all you have to do is pull one out from the freezer and blend. A Sandwich Stasher is perfect for the job.
Rejuvenating Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mangos
- 1/2 cup steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh greens (I used a blend of kale + spinach)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 Tbsp. milled flax + chia blend
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seed butter
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- Dried coconut + hemp seeds (for topping)
- Steam, let chill and freeze cauliflower in a Stasher bag.
- Dice and store bananas and mangos in the freezer.
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend.
- Top with dried coconut + hemp seeds.