Maybe you’re going for a smaller, low-key Thanksgiving this year, or maybe you just don’t really want to eat turkey leftovers for three weeks. Either way, I have the perfect recipe for you! Enter turkey tenderloins.
Making turkey tenderloins for Thanksgiving instead of a whole bird is a pretty attractive option because it’s so much faster, there’s very minimal clean up (hello, no turkey guts!), and it’s especially ideal for people who don’t want to make a lot of food - maybe just enough for 2-4 people. (However, after making this recipe, I think I might be making turkey tenderloins for the rest of my life no matter how many people I serve!)
I cooked this herbed turkey tenderloin in the new half-gallon Stasher - did you know that it can go in the oven?! All you need to do is place the turkey tenderloins (I recommend no more than 2 per half-gallon Stasher bag since they tend to be pretty large) in the bag, pour in the olive oil, herbs, salt, and garlic cloves, bake at 400 for 45 minutes, and voila! You have the juiciest (seriously), most delicious, perfectly simple turkey on your hands - fit for even the pickiest of dinner guests! I love making meat in Stasher bags because it stays so incredibly moist, and all of the juices stay right inside the bag, infusing lots of flavor.
Herbed Turkey Tenderloin
- 2 fresh turkey tenderloins
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ t fine sea salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 t herbes de provence
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place turkey tenderloins in the half-gallon Stasher bag, followed by the olive oil, salt, garlic, and herbs. Seal the top tightly and lightly massage the turkey tenderloins so that they are evenly coated in the mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Come back next week for the stasher recipes behind these tasty traditional sides!