Self-love is one of the new trends we are fully on board with, especially for Valentine's Day! Facial masks, mani/pedis, and massages— yasss. Another way to honor your physical and mental health is being mindful of what you’re eating. While self-love absolutely involves indulgences, we tend to feel our best when we’re making conscious decisions about our nutrition. These cherry-lime gummies a la Paleo Running Mama are a delicious treat without being over-indulgent. Tastes good and good for you? More yaasss!
The Health Bennies
In case you’re wondering what tart cherry juice and beef gelatin are good for, allow us to explain. Our favorite reason for using tart cherry juice is to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation post-workout. This stuff is awesome at getting us back to that barre or boxing class the next day feeling fresh. Cherry juice has also proven to be one of the most powerful antioxidants that exist, improving circulation, proper nerve function, and cancer-fighting properties. The beef gelatin is what gives the gummies their candy consistency. Gelatin from grass-fed cows has amazing gut health benefits and supports healthy hair, skin, and nails (all the better for those mani/pedis!). We also love collagen and gelatin for the added boost in protein which keeps us feeling full throughout the day.
Let's Make 'Em
These gummies are SO easy to make, it seems like not real life. All you need are 4 simple ingredients and about 15 minutes. Keep them in your stasher in the fridge for extended freshness. Not only are you prolonging the shelf life, but reducing your plastic use at the same time. Double win!
Homemade Cherry-Lime Gummies
- ¾ cup 100% tart cherry juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp beef gelatin (we used Vital Proteins)
- Heat the tart cherry juice and lime juice over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in raw honey until fully dissolved.
- Add in 1 tbsp at a time of gelatin until it’s mostly dissolved, whisking constantly. About 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put in silicone molds.
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours until they reach a gummy consistency.
- Store in a stasher in the refrigerator for maximum freshness!
Save 25% on stasher when you take the Plastic-Free Pledge!