Self-love is one of the new trends we're fully on board with, especially for Valentine's or Galentine's Day — facials, mani-pedis, and massages — sign us up! Another way to honor your physical and mental health is being mindful of what you’re eating. While self-love absolutely includes indulgence, making conscious decisions about nutrition is also a gift to our selves. This cherry-lime gummy recipe from Paleo Running Mama makes a delicious, healthy treat that tastes good and is good for you. ❤️
The Health Bennies
In case you’re wondering what tart cherry juice and beef gelatin are good for, settle in for a tasty lesson. Tart cherry juice is known to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation post-workout. This stuff is awesome at getting you back to feeling fit and fresh after that tough barre or boxing class. Cherry juice has also proven to be one of the most powerful antioxidants, ever. It can improve circulation, proper nerve function, and includes cancer-fighting properties. Who knew cherries could pack such a powerful punch?
The beef gelatin is what gives the gummies their candy consistency. Gelatin from grass-fed cows has amazing gut health benefits and supports healthy hair, skin, and nails. It's also an added protein post that can keep you feeling full throughout the day.
Homemade Cherry-Lime Gummies
These gummies are SO easy to make, it seems almost too good to be true. All you need are four simple ingredients and about 15 minutes.
- ¾ cup 100% tart cherry juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp beef gelatin (we used Vital Proteins)
- Heat the tart cherry juice and lime juice over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in raw honey until fully dissolved.
- Add in gelatin 1 tbsp at a time until it’s mostly dissolved, whisking constantly for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone molds.
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours until they reach a gummy consistency.
- Remove from mold and store in a Stasher bag in the refrigerator for maximum freshness. Not only are you prolonging the shelf life, but reducing single-use plastic at the same time. Double win!