Stasher Makes Popcorn
Ahh, popcorn. The perfectly simple treat for a movie night (or day!?) at home, hikes, road trips, an afternoon out with the kids ... we could go on, but we think you get the gist.
Rather than buying those individual packages of popcorn, buy kernels in bulk and use a microwave-safe silicone Stasher bag, instead. Not only will you save some money (and eliminate waste) but you can easily customize your popcorn flavors to suit your tastebuds.
How to Pop Popcorn in a Stasher Bag
What you'll need:
- A Stasher bag - the Stand-Up size is perfect for sharing, while a sandwich size is great for single servings.
- About 1/2 to 3/4 cup popcorn kernels (reduce if you're popping a single serving)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Butter and salt or other flavorings to taste
Let's get poppin'
- Add up to 3/4 cup corn kernels and one tablespoon of your preferred cooking oil (or butter) to a Stand-Up Stasher bag.
- Leave your Stasher bag partially open to vent and microwave on high for two to three minutes or until popping slows. Just watch carefully to keep your popcorn from burning.
- Carefully remove your reusable silicone Stasher bag full of beautifully popped popcorn from the microwave using an oven mitt. It will be hot.
- Open your Stasher and add your favorite flavorings to taste, like melted butter, salt, pepper, or other spices — try rosemary, cayenne, or garlic.
- Shake to thoroughly mix and enjoy.
Have any favorite popcorn flavors you like? Share your recipes with us by tagging Stasherbag on Instagram!