Happy January, friends! ‘Tis the season for salads, smoothies, and detox soups...right? This kale salad is the perfect vegetable dish to pull you out of the post-holiday slump. It’s inspired by a salad I had when I was visiting Chicago last month. It’s so simple - just chopped boiled eggs, parmesan, roasted pumpkin seeds, and kale, all dressed in a super easy, oil-free lemon tahini dressing. It keeps so well in the fridge in a stasher bag (kale is so sturdy and resilient!) and is a great recipe to make at the beginning of the week to have available for lunches or a side to dinner.
Kale Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 6 oz washed & chopped fresh kale
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- ¼ c roasted, salted pepitas
- ¼ c freshly grated parmesan cheese
- For the dressing:
- ¼ c tahini
- 2 T warm water
- 3 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Maple syrup or honey, to sweeten (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients, seasoning to taste.
- Combine kale, eggs, pepitas, and parmesan cheese in a half-gallon stasher bag. Dress with desired amount of dressing and shake to combine. Keep it fresh in stasher in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.