OFFICIAL RULES: PLASTIC FREE JULY SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of Stasher, Inc. (“ Sponsor”), its promotional partners (including, without limitation, promotion administrators, digital agencies and independent judging agencies), or their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, or web masters/suppliers, and their IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on July 8, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on July 13, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, participants can enter the Sweepstakes as follows:
1) Email Entry: Visit https://www.stasherbag.com/pages/sustainability-guide, click on the “Get The Guide” link and follow the instructions provided to provide your email address and complete the entry form to receive one (1) entry.
2) Following and Tagging: Visit and “follow” each of the following Instagram Pages:
On one of the above-listed Instagram Pages, “like” a Sweepstakes post and comment under such post tagging a friend and include the hashtag #sweepstakes. All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. C.T. on July 13, 2021 to be eligible. Entries generated by script, macro, programmed, mechanical or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. An Instagram account is required to enter this Sweepstakes and is available for free at http://instagram.com. Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Participants may not enter using multiple Instagram accounts or email addresses nor may participants use any other means, device or artifice to enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple Instagram accounts or email addresses or other means, devices or artifices under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in Sponsor's discretion. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering, participants understand that they are providing information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram. Participants may be given the opportunity to share this Sweepstakes (or their participation) via Instagram. Participants are not required to share this Sweepstakes (or their participation) or otherwise in order to participate in this Sweepstakes, and such sharing will not result in any additional entries to the participants and will not increase participants’ chances of winning. Participants may be asked to consent to receive promotional emails for upcoming promotions and information about Sponsor and its brand partners. Consenting to receive such emails is not a requirement to participate in the Sweepstakes, will not result in any additional entries to the participants and will not increase participants’ chances of winning.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Two (2) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about July 15, 2021 from among all eligible entries received and combined throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by (1) email, if the potential winner entered via the Email Entry option, or (2) Instagram Direct Messenger, if the potential winner entered via the Following and Tagging entry option. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in a participant’s contact information. A potential winner is subject to verification, including, without limitation, verification of age and compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner who will also be selected randomly, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the winner's responsibility, regardless of whether prize, in whole or in part, is used. Any personal information provided is subject to the Privacy Notice stated on https://www.stasherbag.com/pages/privacy-policy. Potential winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of date of prize notification. Failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period will result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: Two (2) prizes, each consisting of assorted products and gift cards from each partner brand, including a Stasher bag bundle, Pela Case compostable phone case, For Days shopping credit, Mermaid Straw reusable to go cutlery set, and two Stojo reusable water bottles. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize bundle is $400 each. Gift card subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. If a potential winner cannot accept a prize (or portion thereof) as stated, prize may be forfeited in its entirety. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of any prize, except by Sponsor who reserves right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, participants hereby agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) that Sponsor, its promotional partners (including, without limitation, promotion administrators, digital agencies and independent judging agencies), Instagram and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities; (b) except where legally prohibited, by participating each winner hereby grants permission and the right to Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness and biographical and prize information and/or statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, commercial, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and/or world wide web, without notice or review to, or approval from the winner and/or any third party; (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By participating, each participant hereby irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, garbled, postage-due or non delivered entries and/or mail, “likes”, “follow” requests, direct messages, pinned images, or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, wireless provider, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, application or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether printing, typographical, human, mechanical, electronic or network or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the winners and/or prizes, the incorrect or inaccurate capture or processing of entries and/or mail, “likes”, “follow” requests, direct messages, pinned images, or email or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, script, automatic, macro, programmed, like entry methods or any method which subvert the entry process will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any participant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of any website associated with this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any website associated with the Sweepstakes. In no event will Sponsor award more than the stated number of prizes. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
CAUTION -- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
In no event will any of the Released Parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of any websites associated with this Sweepstakes or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from such websites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on such websites is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations of exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
9. DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in any way connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in any way connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (c) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (d) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket costs, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, each participant agrees that (a) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of such participant in connection with this Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, and any arbitrator shall apply, the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware, and (b) any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Delaware. By participating, each participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Delaware and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Plastic Free July Sweepstakes Winners List, 1310 63rd St, Emeryville Ca 94608, for receipt by July 29, 2021.
12. SPONSOR: Stasher, Inc., 1310 63rd St, Emeryville Ca 94608.